My Magic Kingdom advice page. I hope you enjoy it.
Magic Kingdom is an amazing place for both adults and children. However, there is so much to consider to make your visit as magic as it can be. I’ll be doing much more posts on this amazing place and everything about Walt Disney World Orlando so look out for those. This is just some general Magic Kingdom advice if you’ve never been before and have a visit coming up.
“THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH”
Entering the Magic Kingdom
If you arrive later in the day and don’t want to do preferred parking then you can walk to the transportation and ticket center or you can get on the land train, these are free and operate constantly throughout the day. You can jump on one of these and be dropped right outside the transportation and ticket center. PLEASE NOTE, the transportation and ticket center is not the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. It’s the place where you can buy your tickets and get Disney Transportation to the entrance.
Once you have your tickets and get through you are still not in the Magic Kingdom. You now have two potential modes of transport to take you to the entrance. These are the monorail and the ferryboat. Different people have different favorites. Depending on crowd levels one might not be operating so you might not have a choice. We tend to take the ferry boat across seven seas lagoon on our first trip to the Magic Kingdom that holiday. We then use the monorail most of the time.
Ferry boat across Seven Seas Lagoon
Walk through and turn down to your left, you’ll see the queue! The boats are huge so don’t worry if there is a big queue. There are usually two ferry boats too so plenty of space for everyone. By this point, you’ll be able to see the castle so hop on and you’ll be at the entrance in no time. Remember to wave at the Captain as you board.
The monorail is great fun. Firstly you have the recorded message telling you to ‘step away from the doors’, then repeated in Spanish. It’s something that makes you realize you’re on the monorail at the Magic Kingdom. The monorail goes through Disney’s Contemporary Resort so you get to see inside the hotel and see people eating in Chef Mickeys, it’s really cool. You also get a great view of Space Mountain and Cinderella’s Castle too.
The Entrance to the Magic Kingdom
On a good day to get to this point might take you 20 minutes. On a busy day at a busy time, it might take you 40 minutes. Either way by now you’ll be mega excited and desperate to get in. Usually, security personnel is here so you have a bag check and might be selected to be searched. The security team is very friendly and pretty quick so you’ll be through in no time.
At last, you’re in the Magic Kingdom. So what should you do first? Well, in truth, my Magic Kingdom advice is that you should have planned that out a long time ago so why not head over to my post on planning your trip to the Magic Kingdom and let me show you how to make the most of your visit.
Here are some top Magic Kingdom advice for you to try whether you’ve planned or not…
- If you get before 8 am you can see the opening show, then head straight to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Once you’ve done that head over to Frontierland and ride Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain. If you do this you won’t need to fast pass them and you’ll have three of the rides that attract the biggest queues by 9 am.
- If you have little ones, Enchanted Tales with Belle is brilliant.
- The paper maps in the parks will tell you where the character spots are for that day but so does the My Disney Experience App.
- If you find a Disney Vacation Club stand and want to find out more, you can usually strike a deal with the cast member for some fast passes in exchange for going to a one-hour presentation on DVC.
- Once you’ve used your 3 fast passes you can get more
- There’s the great fun Cosmic Dance Party in Tomorrowland on an afternoon and evening. It makes you feel like you’re on your holidays and the kids love it. It’s a great place to be when the sun is going down before the night time shows start.
When you’re leaving the Magic Kingdom be sure to check as sometimes they open a second exit. Also, don’t worry if the queues are huge for the ferry boat or monorail, they move really quickly.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this quick Magic Kingdom Advice article.