Welcome to our Walt Disney World Overview. Here for your reading pleasure.
If you’ve decided you want to experience this wonderful place but aren’t really sure where to start, you’ve come to the right place.
This whole website has lots of help and guidance on all aspects of Disney, Orlando and Beyond. From saving up, to where to stay and how to get the best from each park and experience. Okay, let’s look at Walt Disney World.
Since writing this original article on 2017 lots has changed at Walt Disney World. The pandemic enforced many changes. At the time of writing it is June 2022.
Some experiences are starting to return to normal. Things like character meet and greets are back.
Cost – The problem the travel agents and Disney have in 2022 is a supply and demand issue. I’m sure it seemed a good idea to retire off the huge Boeing 747s in exchange for much smaller fuel efficent planes. But now everything has opened back up its causing a really problem.
So many people had their trips to Walt Disney World cancelled or moved that now there is just too many of us trying to get over there. This has caused a spike in prices. We looked at October 2022 and for 14 days at a Disney Value Resort it was £6,000 room only. Add tickets at £1500 for 3 people and a car at over £1000 and you’re into the big bucks.
We’re hopefully that in 2023 you might see prices reduce slightly.
In this Walt Disney World overview, we’ll tackle many questions, and hopefully, be filling in your blanks along the way.
- Walt Disney World is bigger than Greater Manchester! So when you wonder how people spend so much time there, that’s how. It is huge. There is so much to do and see.
- Walt Disney World has four theme parks, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot. We’ll come back to these in a minute.
- It has two water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.
- It has five value (cheapest) hotels – Disneys All Star Movies Resort, Disneys All-Star Music Resort, Disneys Art of Animation Resort and Disneys Pop Century Resort.
- It has 4 Moderate (not cheap) hotels – Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort, Disneys Coronado Springs Resort, Disneys Port Orleans Riverside Resort and Disneys Port Orleans French Quarter.
- It has 9 Deluxe (Expensive) hotels – Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disneys Beach Club Resort, Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort, Disneys Contemporary Resort, Disneys Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, Disneys Polynesian Village Resort, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, Disneys Wilderness Lodge and Disneys Yacht Club Resort.
- It also has Disney Springs. Disney Springs is a collection of shops, bar and resturants. It’s a great place to spend an evening. They often have live music too.
Now I’m not listing them for any other reason than to try and demonstrate the scale of the place. It is huge and from speaking to some people who have never been, I think they have an impression that it’s like going to Alton Towers.
Let’s keep this list going…
7. You don’t need to stay on site to enjoy Walt Disney World. You can hire one of the thousands of Villas within a 30-minute drive of Walt Disney World, then you get to enjoy the Disney magic but also do other things. I love Disney but it’s very intense and sometimes it’s nice to escape and get back to the Villa to relax. If you are stopping in a Villa I would recommend hiring a car. Watch out though, because of the pandemic the price of hire cars has gone up in Florida. If you check travel agent prices for a car you will see what I mean.
8. On that point. I wouldn’t ever describe Walt Disney World as a holiday, it’s not. It’s an amazing experience. A lot of people get back from Walt Disney World saying they need a holiday!
9 Each theme park has its own car park. You need to make a note of where you’ve parked your car otherwise it will take you hours and hours to find it!
10. To get into the Magic Kingdom by car you need to get out of the car and onto a land train, off the land train on to either a monorail or Ferry and then you’ll be at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom! It takes about 30 minutes to get from your car to the entrance.
I hope you enjoyed reading this overview of Walt Disney World. If you did and you want to keep reading we have a wonderful guide on the Magic Kingdom.
Thank you for stopping by and reading this Walt Disney World Overview.